Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Challenge #1: Cave Stream Reflection


I’ve taken dozens of groups through Cave Stream. Every group is different. Group dynamics, ages, conditions and prior experience all have an effect on each trip’s ‘vibe’. Yesterday was no exception. It was special having the whole class - the Year 7’s add another dimension to the dynamic of our group. The excitement and anticipation yesterday was palpable for both young and old (we had 10 courageous parents with us).


I love eavesdropping on the interactions between the students and parents during the build-up to such experiences. The various shades of excitement, anticipation, terror and the ‘fear of the unknown’ make for great entertainment but also provide me - their teacher - with some insight into how they approach such challenges and the effects their peers’ responses and attitudes can have on their total experience.


I am immensely proud of what my students achieved yesterday. They were positive, prepared, supportive and totally up for it. What more can I ask? Challenge #1 conquered.

This is only the beginning of what will be a momentous year for this remarkable group of students.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Looking forward to reading your quality comment! Try and follow these steps when commenting please:

1. Introduce yourself
2. Give me some feedback on my post - but be specific!
3. Think about something I could do to improve my post - but be specific!
4. Leave your blog address so I can give you some feedback too!

Thanks :)