Friday, August 14, 2015

Toki Pounamu

Last night I attended a meeting with other lead teachers for the Toki Pounamu initiative. We were presented with a strategic plan for the next 3 years. It is really happening now. I am excited about leading my staff into a new age of teaching and learning. Over the course of the coming Term, I will be working with my Senior Staff members to develop a Google Site to share their planning with student and parents. The Google Sites will become the 'hub' and will lead learners both at school and home. Making the learning 'visible' to teachers, students and their parents has been proven to lift achievement. Although I am excited about all that this initiative will afford myself and the other teachers at the School, I am also a little apprehensive about the transition. We will take small steps at first to ensure we are providing the best possible outcomes for our students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Looking forward to reading your quality comment! Try and follow these steps when commenting please:

1. Introduce yourself
2. Give me some feedback on my post - but be specific!
3. Think about something I could do to improve my post - but be specific!
4. Leave your blog address so I can give you some feedback too!

Thanks :)