Friday, November 25, 2016

where elements are born


We have been discussing and exploring our 'Element' (Robinson 2009) this year. Ever since packing and carrying my first pack on a tramp for the first time (way back in 1990), tramping and the great outdoors have been my Element. My experiences and memories from that first tramp are vivid still to this day. The exhilaration of having everything you need to survive strapped to your body and the freedom of exploration still thrills me. 

Nowadays, I get an even bigger kick out of providing students with similar wilderness opportunities. Like the caving, rock climbing, abseiling, rafting, sea kayaking and skiing, this tramp- for most - was a first experience. Being a part of this and witnessing potential Elements being born has been a great privilege. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Looking forward to reading your quality comment! Try and follow these steps when commenting please:

1. Introduce yourself
2. Give me some feedback on my post - but be specific!
3. Think about something I could do to improve my post - but be specific!
4. Leave your blog address so I can give you some feedback too!

Thanks :)